One of the selling points of Comfort Inn Middletown is our proximity to the neighboring Outback Steakhouse. With the restaurant renovation nearly complete, I snuck over there (well, not really) with Spiro today to have a look-see.
In speaking with someone working the floor, this the first Outback in the region to be updated with this most recent package and the staff and management are very pleased with the changes.
I only had my iPhone with me so the quality of the pictures are of the iPhone 3Gs variety. It’s a sneak peek nonetheless. To be honest, you don’t have to sneak over there to see it, they are open for business and have been throughout the duration of the facelift.
Starting from the top and working left to right:
1. Outback themed sign outside the restaurant placed at the entrance closest to the hotel.
2. The “17 Signature Spices” used to season the steaks on display near the front entrance hostess area.
3. Some booths were removed from the dining area to make room for more tables and a more open seating space.
4. The bar area has been updated with new decor, lighting and back bar. Warm wood tones and festive pictures surround the section. There is also a new waiting area with a flat screen TV and leather seating by the door.
5. “Great Barrier Rita” and “Bloomin’ Onion displays. (In case you didn’t know already, here’s a hotel secret: If you check-in for the first time at the Comfort Inn Middletown on Foursquare and show the Front Desk Agent, we’ll gladly give you a voucher for a FREE Bloomin’ Onion!)
6. New booths separated from the bar area.
Is a nearby restaurant important to you when making your overnight plans? Comfort Inn Middletown and Outback Steakhouse are a great combo. A comfortable hotel with friendly people and a highly popular restaurant are hard to beat when looking to meet lodging needs. We look forward to welcoming you.